Senior Software Engineering / Development Director Salary
© PayScale, Inc. @ www.payscale.com
|Salary||$101,248 - $197,806|
|Bonus||$2,625 - $48,433|
|Total Pay (||$104,309 - $214,955|
Job Description for Senior Software Engineering / Development Director
- Hire, review, and fire managers.
- Prioritize and allocate projects, products, and resources with the assistance of architects and managers.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities associated with creating software across multiple functional areas and products.
- Participate in the strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of the software products.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a multi-team or cross-functional organization.
Common Career Paths for Senior Software Engineering / Development Director
Popular Skills for Senior Software Engineering / Development Director
Senior Software Development Directors who responded to the survey indicated only a few skills that they use on the job. Those who have experience with Project Management, Software Development Management, and Software Architecture can expect to be compensated well for these skills. Skills that pay less than market rate include Software Architecture. Those proficient in Project Management are, more often than not, also skilled in Software Architecture.
Pay Difference by Location
Senior Software Development Directors will find that San Jose offers an impressive pay rate, one which exceeds the national average by 22 percent. Senior Software Development Directors will also find cushy salaries in San Francisco (+10 percent). The lowest-paying market is San Diego, which sits 17 percent below the national average. Employers in New York and Atlanta also lean toward paying below-median salaries (7 percent lower and 6 percent lower, respectively).
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Senior Software Engineering / Development Director
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 9 votes.