What do you wish you knew about your job when you first started out?
Senior Systems Analyst in Washington:
"Stay ahead of the technology curve."
- Stay ahead of the technology curve; IT is a fast changing career.
- Keep learning new skills, technical, people, writing and management;
- Be aware of the next big, hot technology area;
- Know the industries in your area and the technology skills needed to remain gainfully employed and advance professionally;
- Know the multiple career paths in your chosen area of technology and how to branch from it to jobs / careers with better pay and advancement opportunities.
Senior Systems Analyst in Athens:
Put in the time to learn how to learn. The job is ever changing don't be afraid of the change go with it. Be flexible with your company to work when they need you. Expect them to be the same. You will need to move around to start but once you have reach mid level you need to stay put for longer.