What do you wish you knew about your job when you first started out?
Software Architect, Applications in Newton:
"Problem Solving Is Key."
Learn to tackle problems as though you were locked out of your house with an impeding thunderstorm coming.
1) Gather evidence and define the problem so it is crystal clear.
2) Come up with at least 3 theories for the cause.
3) Rule out or rule in each of them.
4) Don't be afraid to come up with experiments to prove or disprove your theories.
5) Once you have solved the problem proactively look for systematic problems like it and head them off.