Universal Banker Salary
The average wage for a Universal Banker is $14.42 per hour. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 20 years in this career. For the first five to ten years in this position, pay increases modestly, but any additional experience does not have a big effect on pay. The skills that increase pay for this job the most are Account Sales and teller.
Job Description for Universal Banker
Universal bankers typically work for traditional banks and credit unions to open customers' checking or savings accounts and handle various teller transactions. They also sell and cross-sell bank products and services, such as credit cards, investment instruments, and UTMA custodial savings accounts and resolve customer service issues in-person or via email or phone.Read More...
Universal bankers may refer customers to other areas of the bank when necessary, such as the mortgage department, and those who are to sell investment instruments may be required to pass Series 6 and Series 7 exams.
A high school diploma or equivalent and prior work experience in a retail environment including cash handling, cashiering, and sales are often minimum requirements for this position. A college degree is highly beneficial but not necessarily required, and new hires must complete formal training and should have mathematical and problem-solving skills. Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills are also important in this position, and they must be able to analyze customer credit data, credit scores, and other financial information.
Universal bankers must be able to maintain confidentiality, and flexibility is important for occasional overtime and weekend hours. They may take regular classes to keep their skills up-to-date, and some may also mentor new or junior universal bankers.
Universal Banker Tasks
- Provide exceptional customer service promptly and efficiently processing customer transactions and promote positive public relations
- Develop business relationships with potential customers through sales calls, networking and other outside activities.
- Research customer questions, resolve account issues and analyze account close-outs to assess the potential for future business.
- Sell products and services to customers and recommend and refer to appropriate alternative investment options to customers.
- Contribute to the attainment of bank office sales goals and related objectives by promoting the bank's products and services and by generating leads and referrals.
Universal Banker Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Employer Salaries for Universal Banker
Popular Skills for Universal Banker
Pay by Experience Level for Universal Banker
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Pay Difference by Location
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Universal Banker
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 75 votes.