Vice President (VP), Quality Salary
Job Description for Vice President (VP), Quality
The essential function of a vice president of quality is to ensure that the employees throughout the company are trained and performing properly to produce quality products and/or services. The vice president of quality must be highly knowledgeable person about the products and services offered by their organization, developing and refining the statistics and processes to assess quality and determine effective improvements. This is typically a full time position that takes place in an office setting. The vice president of quality generally reports to the chief executive officer (CEO) of their organization, providing information and solutions as needed.Read More...
Another important function of being a vice president of quality is the ability to stay up to date with relevant technology, including whether or not their company should adopt this technology. They also must be well informed on requirements of the industry and inform the staff of those to ensure everyone is in compliance and working in an appropriate fashion.
At least a bachelor's degree is generally the minimum educational requirement for this position. Previous experience in a similar position is generally required as well. They must also have excellent communication and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to assess data and provide analyses in an understandable way to others in the company.
Vice President (VP), Quality Tasks
- Create and communicate an overall vision for quality within the company, setting goals and recommending organizational changes to achieve these goals.
- Communicate the company's quality system to customers.
- Create an environment conducive to continuous quality improvement and implements systems to nurture quality excellence.
- Promote consensus and quality throughout the company.
- Focus quality initiatives on a pro-active rather a reactive structure.
Vice President (VP), Quality Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Skills for Vice President (VP), Quality
Pay by Experience Level for Vice President (VP), Quality
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.