Vice President (VP), Sales & Marketing Salary
The average pay for a Vice President (VP), Sales & Marketing is $127,962 per year. Most people in this job have more than five years' experience in related jobs. A skill in People Management is associated with high pay for this job.
Job Description for Vice President (VP), Sales & Marketing
Vice presidents of marketing and sales have three primary tasks: finding leads for their business, closing sales, and making sure that subordinates are closing sales. Vice presidents of marketing and sales must seek out potential customers and contact them; to close their own sales, they must be persistent and use methods such as follow-up calls and emails to customers. To ensure that subordinate salespeople are doing their job they need to be, the vice president of marketing must monitor sales and procedures.Read More...
The vice president of marketing and sales needs to be well versed with their product, distribution, prices, and any other potentially relevant details that a customer may need to know. Just as much as vice presidents of marketing and sales need to close their sales, they need to be good leaders and supervisors, regularly checking performance and communicating any problems with salespeople.
Vice presidents of marketing and sales typically need a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or a similar field. They also need extensive experience in sales and marketing.
Vice President (VP), Sales & Marketing Tasks
- Act as subject matter experts to the CEO and other departmental leaders on issues relating to sales and marketing.
- Responsible for profit margin and overhead costs incurred for the department's operation.
- Responsible for competitive positioning of the organization within the market place.
- Plans and sets directions, coordinates the effort of department staffs towards achievement of organizational objectives.
- Develops objectives and policies for the sales and marketing department.
Vice President (VP), Sales & Marketing Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Skills for Vice President (VP), Sales & Marketing
Pay by Experience Level for Vice President (VP), Sales & Marketing
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Pay Difference by Location
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Vice President (VP), Sales & Marketing
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 199 votes.