PayScale’s Compference17 to Showcase How to Build Your Pay Brand—Exploring the Link Between Comp and Culture
Gravity Payments CEO Dan Price Headlines This Year’s Premier Compensation Event
August 16, 2017 – SEATTLE, WA: PayScale, the leader in compensation data and software, is holding its annual compensation conference, Compference17, on October 3 and 4, 2017 in Austin, Texas. The event is designed to help businesses use compensation as a competitive advantage in today’s hot talent market.
PayScale is committed to bringing pay forward–pulling it out of the shadows and into the future, where people know their worth. Transparency around pay fosters trust and, increasingly, employers know that getting pay right is also good business.
“Our goal for Compference is to educate organizations on the many ways PayScale can help companies shape and advance their own compensation brand. Whether leveraging our continually-improving data or people-centric products and tools, our aim is to transform compensation to help companies and individuals excel,” said Mike Metzger, President and CEO of PayScale.
The Compference event provides hands-on guidance for compensation executives, HR managers and other business leaders involved in decisions related to hiring and determining compensation—professionals who are working to make modern compensation a reality at their organizations.
Compference17 includes an impressive line-up of speakers including:
- Mike Metzger, CEO, PayScale, will talk about modern compensation and how technology is redefining the way competitive businesses today approach pay and ensure they’re prepared for the talent markets of tomorrow.
- Dan Price, CEO, Gravity Payments (and PayScale customer) will discuss his compensation philosophy and why communication is so important when it comes to pay. Dan started Gravity Paymentsafter his local coffee shop was overcharged and underserved by a credit card processor. Today, over 17,000 businesses trust Gravity to save them millions of dollars in fees. Dan’s provocative decision to raise Gravity’s minimum salary to $70,000 generated many headlines.
- Sean Owens, Principal Consultant, Forrester, will present impressive results from the “Total Economic Impact Study” that underscores the value of PayScale’s compensation platform for businesses. He will share quantified benefits of data integrity, reduced turnover and recruiting costs, reduced survey management time and time spent on ad hoc survey results, as well as improved transparency and its impact on employee satisfaction.
- Vanessa Van Edwards created a research lab to study the hidden forces that drive us and now she’s cracked the code. Based on her science-backed, real-life manual, Captivate, Vanessa will share shortcuts, systems and secrets for taking charge of interactions at work, at home and in social situations.
- Nir Eyal bestselling author of “Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products” will dive into the surprising burdens many of today’s technologies place on employee productivity and happiness—and how successful companies manage these technologies to increase customer satisfaction, team output and employee retention.
- John Sumser, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, HRExaminer, will provide an overview on how to be an intelligent consumer of data.
- William Tincup, President, Recruiting Daily, will share his ideas on compensation’s role in HR technology.
Attendees of Compference17 will gain:
- Guidance for building a pay brand: the link between compensation and culture
- Insight into hot topics such as the gender pay gap and effectively managing Millennials regarding pay
- Advice for communicating about pay to drive deeper levels of employee engagement
- Industry analyst insights about the future of compensation and stories about developing winning compensation strategies from customers
- Accreditations with SHRM and WorldatWork (CPE and Certification Credits)
Perry Ellis, Baylor University, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Shurtape Technologies and Futaba Corporation are some of the customers that will describe how PayScale brought them into the modern era of compensation. In addition, this year’s event sponsors include leading HR technology companies such as BambooHR, Office Vibe and HRTMS.
PayScale has more than 6,500 customers and has added more than 800 new customers this year alone, including 51 customers with 5,000 or more employee such as Ford, Cisco, McAfee, Astrazeneca Pharmaceuticals and TaskUs, Inc. In April 2016, PayScale added the MarketPay survey management product to its offerings for enterprises, and in June 2017, PayScale announced a partnership with Mercer to provide PayScale’s compensation platform to the company’s ePrism customers.
For more information about Compference17, or to register, visit:
https://compference.payscale.com/ Please note, space is limited and Early Bird Registration is already sold out.
PayScale offers modern compensation software and real-time, data driven insights for employees and employers alike. More than 6,500 customers, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, use PayScale to power pay decisions for more than 16 million employees. These companies include Dish Network, Getty Images, Skullcandy, Bloomberg BNA and Time Warner. For more information, please visit: https://www.payscale.com or follow PayScale on Twitter: https://twitter.com/payscale.