By Elise Oras, PayScale.com
Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- Searching for a new job can often feel like a full time job in itself. While it can be difficult, it does not have to be painful. Arm yourself with the basic tools that are needed for a successful job search.
- Can having a bad boss put a strain on your marriage? Baylor University released a study linking tension within a marriage to trouble with your boss. The study also showed that a hostile work environmet can be hazardous to your health.
- Cyber Monday is one of the biggest days for retailers, and many customers do not even step foot inside a store. Since it falls on the Monday after the Thanksgiving break, chances are most are shopping during work hours. A new study shows that many employers are now blocking access to shopping sites, and many employers that are not blocking access are still monitoring it.
- With technology and budgets evolving and changing, some jobs are bound to be replaced or eradicated. With customers turning to instant services like Netflix and Hulu, the video store clerk position is rapidly declining. What other jobs have died in 2011?
- Young workers, age 16 to 24, were some of the hardest hit in the past four years. Though, things are starting to look a little better. 650,000 young people found employment in the past three months,