In case you missed it, in an article titled, "These Two Salary Data Sources Will Help You Prove That You Deserve A Raise", Business Insider’s Brazenist column
recently compared PayScale to Kim Kardashian. We know, the analogy sounds weird,
but whenever a major media outlet recognizes us for “blazing a new trail
when it comes to providing salary data” we’re happy to accept it as a
compliment. When they questioned the validity of our methodology though, we
shot back with a few corrections defending our (and Kim’s) honor.
Like Ms. Kardashian, we are eager and willing to put our largest asset (our data) on display. However, we are much more than just reality television fluff in booty-hugging pants, and said so to Business Insider in our rebuttal, "It's A Little Unfair To Compare PayScale To Kim Kardashian".
After we finished pointing out the reasons
why PayScale's data is so incredibly valid, we got a little silly in the PayScale office. (Hey, doing
that much math is exhausting.) In the spirit of making Monday more fun, here’s our list of a few other celebrities with whom we
believe we have more in common:
- Katy Perry: We live Katy’s advice from her hit
song “Firework”- our business is showing people what they’re worth.
- Carly Rae Jepsen: Carly took a chance and gave
her number out — we hand out numbers all day long. OR Hey, we just met you and this is crazy, but complete a profile and get a raise, maybe. OR Before our data team came into your life, you missed them so bad. You missed them so, so bad. (What? We just really like that song.)
- Gwen Stefani: When people find out how smart our
data team is, they say “That data is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S.”
- Christina Aguilera: Our data makes you that much wiser, making you a fighter when it comes to salary negotiations.
- Lady Gaga: Our data team was born this way (i.e.,
they’re geniuses), obviously.
- Madonna: Strike an algorithm, there’s nothing to
- Taylor Swift: Our accurate, personalized salary
data you’ve been looking for has been here the whole time.OR Your profile is strictly private, meaning we'll never write a song about you, even if you are a Jonas brother who breaks our heart.
- Kanye: Sorry, Salary.com, we’re gonna let you
finish, but PayScale’s data team is the greatest of ALL TIME.
- Jay-Z: You might have 99 problems but our data
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: With our data preparing you for a salary negotiation, you can kiss the thrift shop goodbye.
And you thought that the work of data scientists and
economists wasn’t sexy or exciting. At the rate our data team keeps
pumping out the most up-to-date, personalized compensation data anywhere on the
web, we won’t be surprised if we start seeing TMZ reporters waiting outside our
building any day now.
More From PayScale
(Photo credit: Saud Aldakheel/flickr)