Tired of toiling in the trenches for little appreciation and less pay? Maybe it’s time to consider a career change. If you’re a tech type, you might set your sights on one of these up and coming IT jobs.
Robert Half Technology recently issued its 2013 Salary Guide. Here are the top six jobs for the coming year:
1. Mobile Applications Developers: $92,750 to $133,500. Develop apps for smartphones and tablets in 2013, get a 9 percent pay increase over last year’s salary for the same job.
2. Business Intelligence Analysts: $94,250 to $132,500. Analyze data and help companies make better business decisions, make a starting salary of $94,000-plus.
3. Network Architects: $102,250 and $146,500. Assess business requirements and build networks that enable companies to share data, earn a six-figure salary — for starters.
4. Interactive Creative Directors: $95,500 to $160,000. Take your leadership skills to the online space, and make up to $160,000 for your starting salary.
5. Interaction Designers: $52,250 and $77,500. Take a walk in the customer’s shoes and make the company’s online experience better for the user. Workers with this job make over $50,000 after a year or two of experience.
6. User Experience (UX) Designers: $73,750 to $110,500. Build a better online customer experience, earn 4.8 percent more for a starting salary than UX designers in 2012.
More From PayScale
(Photo Credit: stayathomejobs/Flickr)