Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- There are entrepreneurial companies that do not count on the economy for their business. This is why, regardless of fiscal cliff concerns, these business owners are “aggressively” hiring.
- People often complain that customer service is dead. Look at a comment board for anyone who has ever had to sit on the phone with a cable provider or cell phone carrier and the feedback is overwhelmingly negative. It looks like Zappos didn’t get the message, though, because their customer service representative stayed on the phone for 10 hours to help out a customer.
- 2012 has been a year of hits and misses, financial gains and financial woes. The economy has been in turmoil, but there have been signs that we are bouncing back. So, the big question is, did entrepreneurs win in 2012?
- It looks like Apple has a huge employee morale problem on its hands. This stems from their direct-to-customer store locations. Check out this article which describes a corrupt culture of Apple store employees.
- Have you ever had one of those weeks where nothing you say or do seems to come out right? Well, that seems to be the case with Instagram. The company’s new terms policy ignited a PR nightmare.
More From PayScale
(Photo credit: Robert Scoble/Flickr)