Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- With the employment market as it is, it’s natural for employees to feel anxious about their job security. These tips will help you tame the demons inside and retain your concentration. [Fortune]
- What is the key to successfully shifting careers? Knowing when and how to ask for help. A career design coach offers strategies to increase your chances of success. [Forbes]
- We know that we need career mentors to really thrive, but how do you find one? These six points will ensure you find the right mentor for your goals. [Above the Law]
- Rapper Gucci Mane was asked to speak at an Atlanta middle school’s career day. Can you predict the firestorm that ensued? [NewsOne]
- The number of 50-somethings in the workplace continues to rise, and the number of 65-and-over women who haven’t yet retired has grown 147 percent between 1977 and 2007. Read more about what MarketWatch calls the “graying of the workforce.” [MarketWatch]
More From Payscale
(Photo credit: Fort Wainwright Public Affairs/Flickr)