Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- More workers than ever are switching careers after several years in the workforce. This article shares how to create a supportive group tailored especially to women who want to brainstorm about career transitions.
- Are college students wasting their time with career-oriented majors? Jeff Selingo calls for better training and apprenticeship programs as college alternatives.
- This just in: employers that have the happiest, most satisfied employees also tend to make more money. Jerome Dodson of Parnassus Mutual Funds is capitalizing on this phenomenon with the Parnassus Workplace Fund, a mutual fund exclusively comprised of companies with happy workers.
- Why isn’t the standard workweek four days instead of five? As more and more anecdotal reports around the world support the benefits of a shorter workweek, it’s tough to argue against it.
- Ladies, are you better off than your grandmother? The Huffington Post weighs in on what’s gotten better for women since “The Feminine Mystique” was published 50 years ago.
More From PayScale
(Photo credit: U.S. Department of Labor/Flickr)