Every Friday we round up the salary trends, career stories and job news that you may have missed during the past week.
- Ron Johnson, the CEO of JCPenney, experienced another career hit as the company’s shares fell 17 percent. Can JCPenney recover?
- Nobody is safe. Groupon has fired its founder and CEO, Andrew Mason, amid financial fails.
- Good news for those of you who love Wonder Bread. Flower Foods has purchased Wonder Bread from bankrupt Hostess Brands.
- The former first lady of California is getting into the pizza business. Maria Shriver put her money where her mouth is and has invested in Blaze Pizza.
- The girls have gone under, as Joe Francis and his franchise “Girls Gone Wild” files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Tell Us What You Think
We want to hear from you! What do you think of all of the big business economic news this week? Share your thoughts on Twitter or in the comments!
More From PayScale
(Photo credit: William Clifford/Flickr)