How are Millennials faring in today’s workplace compared to Gen Xers and Baby Boomers? Millennials entering the workforce today face many challenges such as unemployment, underemployment, and stiff competition for decent paying jobs.
Ironically, Millennials are highly educated, quick learners, and possess relevant skills that are valuable in today’s workplace. So why is it so difficult for Millennials to launch their careers? This Wednesday, November 19, at 10:30 a.m. (PST), Jessica Miller-Merrell, SPHR author, speaker, HR professional, and the founder of Blogging4Jobs.com, joins PayScale to address these work-related issues facing Millennials in our monthly twitter chat, #PayChat.
During this 30-minute Twitter chat, we’ll discuss the following questions:
- How has the recession affected Millennials?
- How do their struggles to launch their careers compare to previous generations?
- Why do Millennials job hop more frequently than previous generations?
- Why are Millennials more willing to start their own thing?
- What motivates Millennials to do their best work? How does this differ from Gen Xers and Baby Boomers?
- Do you have any advice for Millennials entering the workforce?
If this will be your first time joining us for #PayChat, check out the “Introducing #PayChat” post for more information. #PayChat typically happens on the last Wednesday of every month at 10:30 a.m. (PST) and as always, feedback is appreciated. If you have a topic that you would like us to discuss in a future #PayChat, please share it on Twitter or in the comment section below.
Tell Us What You Think
We want to hear from you! Do you have any stories to share, advice or questions to ask about Millennials in the workplace? Send us a tweet, join #PayChat, or leave a message in the comment section below.