Good leaders inspire those who follow them. That’s what leadership is all about. It’s a role that requires integrity, intelligence, hard work, confidence and so much more.
If you’re a women in a leadership role, you likely face some extra difficulties on top of the regular ones. There is often a need to fight to be treated equally, for example. Women at the top often feel a bit alone without many other women in similar positions to lean on for support. So, let’s turn to some words of wisdom from successful lady leaders. They should provide some valuable insights that you can apply to your own life and work.
- “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – J.K Rowling
- “One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes… and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am.” – Michelle Obama
- “On my own I will just create, and if it works, it works, and if it doesn’t, I’ll create something else. I don’t have any limitations on what I think I could do or be.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then you are an excellent leader.” – Dolly Parton
- “If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “I tell my daughters to have their voice in this world, and it became clear that I needed to role-model that.” – Melinda Gates
- “‘Restore connection’ is not just for devices, it is for people too. If we cannot disconnect, we cannot lead. Creating the culture of burnout is opposite to creating a culture of sustainable creativity. This is something that needs to be taught in business schools. This mentality needs to be introduced as a leadership and performance-enhancing tool.” – Arianna Huffington
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
- “True leadership stems from individuality that is honestly and sometimes imperfectly expressed… Leaders should strive for authenticity over perfection.” – Sheryl Sandberg
Tell Us What You Think
Which of these quotes is your favorite? We want to hear from you! Leave a comment or join the discussion on Twitter.