Economic events have accelerated the adoption of a remote workforce—an option not previously traditional for healthcare facilities. Hospital and non-hospital facilities have had to pivot its patient-facing and non-patient facing staff to deliver care and support safely during a challenging year.
Does it Matter Where Your Staff Works?
Remote work has brought with it many challenges, but it also has created numerous opportunities for healthcare systems, including:
- Greater flexibility and safety for hospital staff
- Reduced turnover with work flexibility reducing infection risks
- Increased recruiting options and expanded applicant pool with certain roles moving to remote work
- Flexible patient care with access to telehealth sharply increasing
As remote work expanded worldwide in all industries, healthcare has had an opportunity to innovate and shift roles around patient care and those that go beyond patient care. PayScale offers the most targeted compensation data for healthcare facilities to make these shifts with fair and equitable compensation strategies through three main options:
- Pay the market rate for where employees live
- Pay the national average for the position
- Pay the market rate where the employer is based
Download this eBook to learn more on how healthcare facilities can gain a competitive edge with PayScale solutions to mitigate remote work challenges with a robust, AI-powered compensation platform.