Chef Assistant Salary (United Arab Emirates)
The average pay for a Chef Assistant is AED 36,968 per year. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 10 years in this career.
|Range||AED 0AED 241K|
|Salary||AED 16,687 - AED 241,610|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|AED 16,426 - AED 240,000|
Job Description for Chef Assistant
A chef assistant works under the supervision of a chef at a restaurant, cafeteria, catering company, bakery or other food service establishment. The chef assistant often performs inventory and supply ordering duties, as well as assists in kitchen preparation so that the chef can more easily cook meals. These professionals must make sure the kitchen area and equipment are clean, safe and sanitized. Preparation duties performed by the chef assistant may include mixing, chopping and basic cooking. In some cases, the chef assistant works directly with customers as well.Read More...
Educational and experience requirements vary depending on the position. Some require graduation from a culinary school, while others only require demonstration of cooking skills. While some positions are entry level, some may require previous experience in a kitchen environment. A high school diploma or equivalent may be required or preferred as well.
Chef assistants' hours vary depending on their organization's requirements, and they may need to have a flexible schedule to accommodate varying needs in their business. These professionals must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills, and they must be able to work with a variety of professionals in a fast-paced environment. In some positions, the chef assistant must be creative and help develop new menu items. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Chef Assistant Tasks
- Assist in the planning of the menu and in the preparation of the meals for varying sized groups.
- Clean and/or insure the sanitary conditions and operating order of kitchen appliances, equipment, food storage areas and the kitchen itself.
- Purchase, verify quality and quantity of food and kitchen supplies required for daily activities and various functions.
- Estimate the amount and kind of food to be purchased, taking into account the nature of the function and the number of guests.
- Plan, budget, provision and maintain inventory.