The average hourly pay for a Bar Person in Australia is AU$23.15.
Is Bar Person your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
AU$18 - AU$26
AU$37,963 - AU$54,659
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Bar Person
Bar persons serve drinks to club-goers, partygoers, and people visiting wineries. Depending on the venue, bar persons typically work indoors. However, there are a few outdoor parties that hire bartenders. The hours are flexible, and much of the work is done at night. It’s an opportunity for everyone with the right attitude, requiring no formal education or qualifications to start. In fact, most employers provide their hired workers with on-the-job training. After mastering the basics, diplom…Read more
Bar Person Tasks
- Provide beer, wine, liquor and related bar service to guests.
- Collect customer payment, provide receipts, and keep an accurate till through a shift.
- Keep a clean workstation that adheres to all applicable liquor laws and health codes relating to the service of food and drink.
- Follow recipes to make cost-efficient, accurate, and consistent drinks for all customers.
- Track inventory, memorize beer, wine and spirit menu, and be aware of all prices.
Bar Person Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay by Experience Level for Bar Person
An early career Bar Person with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$23.26 based on 10 salaries. A mid-career Bar Person with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$23.57 based on 7 salaries. An experienced Bar Person with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$23.85 based on 7 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 24 survey responses.