The average hourly pay for an Entry-Level Bar Tender in Australia is AU$20.44.
Is Bar Tender your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
AU$15 - AU$25
AU$31,250 - AU$52,393
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Bar Tender
Bar tenders play a key role in the operation of any tavern, pub, or restaurant which offers alcoholic beverages by executing these orders for guests and making beverages for servers who deliver them to guests. Bar tending is a position which incorporates aspects of customer service and an ability to think and work quickly in what can be a high-stress environment. Many outside the profession believe that a key attribute for a bar tender is an encyclopedic knowledge of drink recipes. However, gue…Read more
Bar Tender Tasks
- Provide beer, wine, liquor and related bar service to guests.
- Collect customer payment, provide receipts, and keep an accurate till through a shift.
- Keep a clean workstation that adheres to all applicable liquor laws and health codes relating to the service of food and drink.
- Follow recipes to make cost-efficient, accurate, and consistent drinks for all customers.
- Track inventory, memorize beer, wine and spirit menu, and be aware of all prices.
Bar Tender Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay by Experience Level for Bar Tender
An early career Bar Tender with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$21.70 based on 92 salaries. A mid-career Bar Tender with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$21.94 based on 33 salaries. An experienced Bar Tender with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$22.99 based on 12 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of AU$25.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 141 survey responses.