Avg. Base Hourly Rate (AUD)
The average hourly pay for a Construction Contractor is AU$30.44
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Construction Contractors?
An entry-level Construction Contractor with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$20.97 based on 5 salaries. An early career Construction Contractor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$26.88 based on 24 …Read more
What Do Construction Contractors Do?
Construction contractors, often referred to as "construction managers," are in charge of planning and maintaining a variety of construction projects involving commercial/residential buildings and even public works projects. They may also be responsible for obtaining building permits or licenses for these projects.
Many construction contractors are self-employed and available on short notice. The ability to travel is important, as moving from location to location is a big part of the job. The …Read more
- Plan and manage a construction project, providing labor, materials, and equipment and overseeing subcontractors.
- Make sure all government regulations are followed, proper permits are obtained, and required inspections carried out.
- Monitor project progress to ensure it stays on time and within budget.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and work with clients and architects to create project plans.
- Generate cost estimates for labor, materials, equipment, and permits necessary to complete a project.