The average salary for a Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) in Australia is AU$65,000.
Is Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
AU$12k - AU$128k
AU$12k - AU$126k
Find your market worth – how it works:
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education
Find your market worth with a report tailored to you
Negotiate your pay with confidence
Job Description for Crime Scene Investigator (CSI)
A crime scene investigator (CSI) is responsible for securing and examining details left at the scene of a crime. They are responsible for sorting through evidence and details to assist prosecutors in building a case. This person must be precise and meticulous, as protocols must be followed in a detailed and organized fashion. Tasks performed include lifting and collecting fingerprints, collecting and documenting trace evidence of DNA, determining time and cause of death in homicides, examining …Read more
Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) Tasks
- Investigate the cause and manner of death in cases of unattended natural death, accident, suicide, or homicide.
- Assist the administrative manager with work plans, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions.
- Supervise and monitor the work of forensic investigators, interns and volunteers and facilitate training.
- Determine what scenes to investigate and what evidence to examine and/or collect while conducting follow up on each case.
- Conduct interviews with family members, law enforcement personnel, medical professionals and others regarding circumstances of death.
Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Crime Scene Investigator (CSI)
Pay by Experience Level for Crime Scene Investigator (CSI)
An early career Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$65,000 based on 5 salaries. A mid-career Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$77,500 based on 5 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 10 survey responses.