Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Food Technologist is AU$66,337
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Food Technologists?
An entry-level Food Technologist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$55,951 based on 13 salaries. An early career Food Technologist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$61,920 based on 187 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Food Technologists Do?
A food technologist usually works for a company that produces food. The technologist may be tasked with coming up with new types of foods or flavors. The technologist will prepare prototypes of foods. These foods will be tested to make sure that they are fit for human consumption.
Then the foods will be tested by human test panels. The people on the panels may be asked to taste the food and to provide input on changes that could be made. These changes may be taken into consideration. If the …Read more
- Identify, monitor, and report on quality and composition of foods.
- Optimize the taste and texture of a product.
- Plan production procedures by extrapolating from prototypes and calculations.
- Record data, procedures, and findings.
- Collect samples and data to document fit to specifications.