The average hourly pay for an Entry-Level Gardener is AU$20.75.
Is Gardener your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
AU$17 - AU$26
AU$0 - AU$751
AU$34,632 - AU$53,918
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Gardener
A gardener generally works as a professional contractor or under direct employment by a facility with large landscaping resources and needs. This person generally tends to the upkeep and care of the landscape design on an ongoing basis. Typically, a gardener doesn’t build or create, but rather helps maintain the current landscape design and environment. The gardener is likely expected to attend to the upkeep of the grounds under his or her care. This not only includes regular mowing, but also se…Read more
- Oversee and improve outdoor areas, including grass, shrubbery, trees, and plantings.
- Maintain equipment and tools.
- Care for plantings by mulching, aerating, weeding, trimming, and applying fertilizers and insecticide.
- Remove snow, debris, litter, and unsightly materials.
- Operate vehicles like trucks, mowers, tractors and chainsaws to mow grass, prune, and care for soil.
Gardener Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Gardener
An early career Gardener with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$23.04 based on 305 salaries. A mid-career Gardener with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$24.71 based on 193 salaries. An experienced Gardener with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$24.64 based on 129 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of AU$24.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 673 survey responses.