Avg. Base Hourly Rate (AUD)
The average hourly pay for a Heating, Air Conditioning, or Refrigeration Mechanic / Installer is AU$30.00
What Do Heating, Air Conditioning, or Refrigeration Mechanic / Installers Do?
A heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration mechanic/installer works with various climate control and ventilation systems in residential, commercial, or industrial settings. Frequently this job is known as an HVAC (for Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning) technician.
These mechanic/installers set up new HVAC systems in homes and businesses. This may require performing a customer-needs assessment and coming up with a heating and cooling solution that matches those requirements. The …Read more
- Install heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment to company standards.
- Assemble and connect equipment, thermostats, timers, and other accessories.
- Interpret instructions, designs, and schematics.
- Communicate with clients, setting expectations, and delivering quality customer service.
- Test systems and diagnose installation problems to ensure products perform at specifications.