Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Hospital Registrar is AU$111,852
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Hospital Registrars?
An early career Hospital Registrar with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$108,507 based on 22 salaries. A mid-career Hospital Registrar with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$118,138 based on 28 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Hospital Registrars Do?
Hospital registrars are in charge of collecting patient information and verifying insurance detail on behalf of their organization. They are responsible for gathering payment data, keeping accurate records of patient interactions, and handling other tasks at a hospital information desk. Registrars must relay important information to patients and respond to any inquiries. Their main responsibilities also include interviewing patients for account details, ensuring charts and documents are …Read more
- Arrange efficient and orderly admission of patients.
- Distribute appropriate information to ancillary departments.
- Collect co-pays and deductibles from patients.
- Interview incoming patient or representative and enter information required for admission into computer database.
- Ensure that patient information and necessary signatures are collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures.