The average salary for an Investment Banker in Australia is AU$93,612.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Investment Bankers Do?
When companies, organizations, or government entities need to raise capital, one of the best ways to do so is to turn to the services of an investment banker. Investment bankers are the highly skilled professionals at financial institutions who examine an entity's financial health, capital needs, and goals. Then they recommend a strategy to improve or manifest them. The investment banker then acts as a go-between for the organization looking to raise money and those looking to make financial inv…Read more
Investment Banker Tasks
- Assist companies, organizations, governments and their agencies in raising public or private money through debt and/or equity.
- Construct fully integrated, detailed financial models to support Merger and Acquisitions (M&A) transactions and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) communications.
- Perform valuation analyses using various methodologies such as trading and transaction comparisons (comps), discounted cash flow and leveraged buyout (LBOs).
- Conduct industry and company research to engage clients and develop new business.
- Participate and manage all stages of the transaction process from opening pitch to closing investment contract(s).
Investment Banker Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Investment Bankers?
Skills in Financial Analysis, Investment Management, Mergers and Acquisitions and Financial Modeling are correlated to pay that is above average.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Investment Bankers?
An entry-level Investment Banker with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$78,297 based on 8 salaries. An early career Investment Banker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$91,422 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Investment Banker with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$110,050 based on 16 salaries. An experienced Investment Banker with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$120,000 based on 8 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Investment Banker in their job title in Sydney, New South Wales earn an average of 5.9% more than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Brisbane, Queensland (25.2% less), Perth, Western Australia (14.5% less) and Melbourne, Victoria (11.6% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 48 survey responses.