The average hourly pay for a Janitor in Australia is AU$22.75.
Is Janitor your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
AU$21 - AU$25
AU$43,680 - AU$50,817
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Janitor
Janitors perform routine cleaning and maintenance work to maintain optimal appearance in their workplace. The specific demands of the position can vary widely depending on the building to which the janitor is assigned. Common duties include cleaning floors through a combination of mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming, waste removal, window cleaning, restroom maintenance, equipment cleaning, landscape maintenance, and minor repairs on simple equipment. Training for janitor positions is usually not …Read more
- Perform general cleaning, light floor care and special event set ups.
- Collect and remove trash and recyclables.
- Clean rest room facilities and replenish supplies.
- Clean assigned areas including furniture, telephones, fixtures, walls, windows, window sills, blinds and vents.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all area floors, rest rooms and break areas.
Janitor Job Listings
Search for more jobs