Avg. Base Hourly Rate (AUD)
The average hourly pay for a Lineman is AU$26.50
What Do Linemen Do?
Linemen perform work in telecom construction using extensive knowledge and experience in power system operations, as well as the ability to repair and maintain network infrastructure. The job involves servicing electrical lines which may be energized or de-energized; direct supervision is necessary for certain energized line applications, and familiarity with circuit maps and fiber-splicing is also important in this position.
Hands-on work with primaries, secondaries, junction boxes, and …Read more
- Erect and maintain steel, wood or concrete poles, towers and guy wires.
- Install and maintain street lighting systems.
- Splice, solder and insulate conductors and related wiring to connect power distribution.
- Inspect and test overhead and underground power lines and cables.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical distribution.