Avg. Base Hourly Rate (AUD)
The average hourly pay for a Medical Scientist is AU$26.04 in 2023
What Do Medical Scientists Do?
A medical scientist is someone who works to try to gain a better understanding of human anatomical processes, diseases, and related biological research. Universities, pharmaceutical and biomedical companies, and research hospitals may employ medical scientists. The medical scientist will typically base his or her career around a mix of research and analysis, as well as producing detailed finding papers and teaching work.
As a researcher, a medical scientist will typically work in a laboratory …Read more
- Conduct research to develop methodologies, instrumentation and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings.
- Prepare and analyze organ, tissue and cell samples to identify toxicity, bacteria, or microorganisms, or to study cell structure.
- Plan and direct studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease.
- Investigate cause, progress, life cycle, or mode of transmission of diseases or parasites.
- Evaluate effects of drugs, gases, pesticides, parasites, and microorganisms at various levels.
FAQs About Medical Scientists
What is the highest pay for Medical Scientists in Perth?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Medical Scientist in Perth is A$NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Medical Scientists in Perth?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Medical Scientist in Perth is A$NaN / hour
How can Medical Scientists increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Medical Scientist is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Medical Scientist that oversees more junior Medical Scientists, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.