The average salary for a Plant Superintendent in Australia is AU$150,257.
Is Plant Superintendent your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
AU$105k - AU$225k
AU$5k - AU$20k
AU$105k - AU$233k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Plant Superintendent
A plant superintendent is responsible for overseeing all aspects of their plant, including budget, maintenance, quality control, receiving and shipping, and day-to-day operations. They frequently prepare the plant’s budget for the year, as well as recruit and hire direct subordinates. Other tasks performed by the plant superintendent include tracking plant maintenance, monitoring costs and expenses, ensuring quality standards are met, and working with staff on the plant floor to directly oversee…Read more
Plant Superintendent Tasks
- Oversee day-to-day manufacturing and processes of the plant.
- Analyze data to pinpoint weaknesses in manufacturing and compile data reports.
- Identify problems with manufacturing process and recommend improvements for optimum productivity.
- Enforce all state and federal regulations in regards to plant operation and employee safety.
- Manage all plant personnel under Plant Manager, acting as Plant Manager in absence.
Explore the most common career paths for Plant Superintendent. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Plant Superintendent Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 8 survey responses.