Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Research Fellow is AU$94,352
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Research Fellows?
An early career Research Fellow with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$91,243 based on 28 salaries. A mid-career Research Fellow with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$95,891 based on 25 salaries. An experienced Research …Read more
What Do Research Fellows Do?
A research fellow holds a time-limited research position at a university, clinic, or similar environment. They continue their academic training in the research program of a principal investigator, helping build their experience and contribute to their field. Some tasks that research fellows may perform include designing laboratory experiments, applying standard scientific protocols to experiments and research, helping improve current investigatory methods, and evaluating emerging techniques in …Read more
- Use independent judgment to conceive, conduct and evaluate new and existing technologies and products; prepare findings for scientific publication.
- Operate technical and scientific equipment for scientific experimentation.
- Participate in related technical or professional societies as a recognized authority.
- Provide coaching and supervision to lower level research scientists.
- Conduct highly complex research and analysis on multi-disciplinary technical projects.