Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Senior Industrial Designer is AU$78,399
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Industrial Designers?
An early career Senior Industrial Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$67,636 based on 14 salaries. A mid-career Senior Industrial Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$77,472 based on 15 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Senior Industrial Designers Do?
Senior industrial designer positions are available in a wide variety of industries, especially those with an emphasis on product design. Required experience and background varies by positions, but a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of five years of experience in a related position are common requirements.
The senior industrial designer's daily work revolves around design procedures, ranging from concept development and market trend research to sketching and rendering. As a …Read more
- Lead design projects and coordinate with junior designers to execute design strategy.
- Coordinate efforts between research, strategy, industrial design, graphic design and engineering teams to deliver final product.
- Mentor junior designers and provide opportunities for skill development.
- Develop and present design concepts to stakeholders using a variety of media.
- Research and understand customer and market needs in order to identify new design opportunities.