The average hourly pay for a Stonemason in Geelong, Victoria is AU$27.00.
Is Stonemason your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
AU$24 - AU$32
AU$49,695 - AU$67,448
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Stonemason
Stonemasons typically build stone structures, such as piers and walls. They also lay walkways and curbstones and build masonry for things like vats and tanks. Some also build and repair buildings from the ground up. Some skills that are necessary are being able to mix and pour mortar and grout. They must be able to lay stone and marble, according to the requested pattern. Knowledge of hand and power tools is necessary for smoothing and polishing various surfaces, as well as drilling holes in m…Read more
- Build outdoor structures using marble, stone, brick, and other materials.
- Lift and carry heavy slabs of stone, marble, and brick.
- Mix and pour cementing agents, such as mortar, concrete, and grout.
- Follow installation instructions according to a blueprint.
- Operate power equipment to cut, shape, and otherwise augment stone and marble prior to installation.
Stonemason Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with .NET Software Developer / Programmer in these locations earn less than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Sydney, New South Wales (4.3% less), Adelaide, South Australia (3.9% less) and Melbourne, Victoria (3.4% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.