The average salary for an Experienced Research Engineer in Belgium is €55,000.
Is Research Engineer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
€0 - €55k
€0 - €57k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Research Engineer
A research engineer is responsible for conducting research on behalf of their organization; the breadth and type of research varies depending on their role. They must be able to analyze systems (for example, identifying the vulnerable parts of security architectures and developing ideas for how to reduce vulnerability), as well as provide guidance to engineers and other professionals in different specialties as needed. This employee needs to be able to write reports and give presentations to oth…Read more
Research Engineer Tasks
- Define material properties, develop concepts, verify prototypes, create and execute clinically simulated bench tests.
- Manage multiple project timelines, resources and responsibilities to achieve goals.
- Verify and validate designs and transfer new products into production.
- Transfer products designed for manufacturing throughout the development cycle and into full production.
- Lead a design team to create and develop new products and innovations.
Explore the most common career paths for Research Engineer. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Research Engineer Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Research Engineer
An early career Research Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of €48,172 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Research Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €49,072 based on 12 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 28 survey responses.