Research Engineer in Leuven Salary (Belgium)
The average pay for a Research Engineer in Leuven is €51,000 per year.
Job Description for Research Engineer
A research engineer is responsible for conducting research on behalf of their organization; the breadth and type of research varies depending on their role. They must be able to analyze systems (for example, identifying the vulnerable parts of security architectures and developing ideas for how to reduce vulnerability), as well as provide guidance to engineers and other professionals in different specialties as needed. This employee needs to be able to write reports and give presentations to other departments inside the company as well. Other tasks performed by research engineers may include collaborating with other teams within their organization, designing parts and components, developing new protocols for assessing security, and developing other plans and guidance as needed. Occasional travel may be required of research engineers depending on their position and employer.Read More...
A bachelor's degree in an engineering field is generally the minimum educational requirement for a research engineer, although a master's degree or Ph.D. is often required or preferred as well. Previous experience in a research engineering capacity is generally required or preferred as well. A security clearance - or the ability to obtain a security clearance - may be needed depending on the employer and position. Research engineers must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a background in fields relevant to their position such as computer science, physics and applied mathematics. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Research Engineer Tasks
- Define material properties, develop concepts, verify prototypes, create and execute clinically simulated bench tests.
- Manage multiple project timelines, resources and responsibilities to achieve goals.
- Verify and validate designs and transfer new products into production.
- Transfer products designed for manufacturing throughout the development cycle and into full production.
- Lead a design team to create and develop new products and innovations.