The average hourly pay for an Early-Career Security Officer in Bahamas is $8.50.
Is Security Officer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$7 - $18
$16,282 - $38,090
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Security Officer
Security officers are responsible for maintaining the overall security of a property. Security officers use many different tactics to prevent theft, vandalism, and damage to properties. They may patrol the property in a vehicle and may maintain records of who enters or leaves the property, either at a front desk or a front gate. They may keep track of signing visitors in and out and monitor incoming deliveries. Security officers generally assist with providing guests with information and directi…Read more
Security Officer Tasks
- Guard and monitor premises to prevent theft, property destruction, violence or rules and safety violations.
- Perform fire prevention, safety and maintenance tasks and parking/traffic enforcement.
- Greet incoming guests and tenants, providing information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Respond to alarms and emergency situations.
- Make periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
Explore the most common career paths for Security Officer. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)