Architectural Intern with AutoCAD Skills Salary (Canada)
The average pay for an Architectural Intern with AutoCAD skills is C$41,701 per year. People in this job generally don't have more than 10 years' experience.
Job Description for Architectural Intern
An architectural intern is normally the entry-level position for an individual trained to be an architect. These internships are normally paid positions for individuals who have completed formal training and basic certification in the field. The intern normally works under the supervision of senior architects and partners within a firm, learning techniques, demonstrating their skills, and building a resume for future employment. Companies may make a job offer to successful candidates at the conclusion of the internship.Read More...
The architectural intern must be familiar and fluent with all major current software design and drawing programs. He or she normally is delegated design work by senior architects or partners. Normally, the amount and complexity of this work is based upon the demonstrated competencies of the intern. Additionally, an intern should be expected to perform smaller office administration tasks from time to time as necessary. The intern may need to travel to building sites, which may include travel out of state and overnight.
Normally this position is only available to persons who have completed a bachelor’s degree program in architecture and/or design. It is expected during this education that the intern will have spent at least one year (preferably two) working with modeling and drawing programs, as well as will have established a general fluency with most major computer-aided design (CAD) software. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Architectural Intern Tasks
- Create three dimensional building information modeling and two-dimensional construction documentation using software.
- May participate in the architectural design process and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics.
- Assist with contract administration responsibilities.
- Assist in the streamlining of the architectural design process from conceptual design through overall completion of projects.
- Perform redline changes and revisions.