Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for an Assistant Fashion Designer is C$40,000
What Do Assistant Fashion Designers Do?
Assistant fashion designers are responsible for all aspects of the design and creation of new fashion products, as well as updating previous designs. They typically work under the supervision of a fashion designer and specialize in a particular area of design, such as skirts, sweaters, or (more generally) women’s apparel.
Using existing product designs and overall brand style, assistant fashion designers help in all stages of the fashion design process, from silhouette and initial art to …Read more
- Draw clothing products, design sketches and patterns with graphic software.
- Work with factory to produce, assess the quality of, and fit samples.
- Create specifications for products and fabrics, including dimensions and sketches.
- Prepare for and attend buy meetings and fittings, and assist with physical tasks and time management.
- Identify and research current clothing, fabric, color and market trends.