Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for an Athletic Trainer is C$43,177
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Athletic Trainers?
An early career Athletic Trainer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$41,500 based on 8 salaries. A mid-career Athletic Trainer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$41,562 based on 8 salaries.
What Do Athletic Trainers Do?
An athletic trainer is a sports medicine professional who specializes in working directly with athletes. Trainers can be employed by sports teams, schools and universities with athletic programs, as well as advanced fitness centers. Trainers typically advise on fitness regimens, treat injuries as they happen, and help assist injured athletes and participants in the recovery and rehabilitation process. For some employers, especially those involved in professional or school-sponsored sports, an …Read more
- Prevent, examine, and treat athlete injuries.
- Attend meetings with the athlete and athletic director for which they are employed.
- Treat minor injuries at sports events and competitions.
- Recommend lifestyle changes, diet, and equipment.
- Assist in rehabilitation after injuries.