The average salary for a Cardiac Surgeon in Canada is C$241,222.
Is Cardiac Surgeon your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
C$51k - C$485k
C$2 - C$48k
C$50k - C$460k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Cardiac Surgeon
Cardiac surgeons are responsible for performing heart surgeries and other complex operations on patients with heart conditions. These surgeons must be organized and pay close attention to detail to facilitate surgeries, and they must work well in a team environment with other surgeons and medical professionals to complete all objectives under strict deadlines. Cardiac surgeons must provide therapy recommendations for patients with arrhythmia and other heart illnesses and disturbances. They must…Read more
Cardiac Surgeon Tasks
- Provide operative, preoperative and critical care diagnosis, treatment and procedures for patients with pathological conditions of the chest.
- Communicate with families and patients regarding care plans and make referrals to other specialists as per the standard of care.
- Treat pathologic conditions of the lung, esophagus and chest wall, abnormalities of the great vessels, tumors of the mediastinum, and diseases of the diaphragm and pericardium.
- Treat complications of ischemic heart disease (for example, coronary artery bypass grafting), correct congenital heart disease, or treat valvular heart disease created by various causes including endocarditis.
- Provide surgical care of coronary artery disease, abnormalities of the great vessels and heart valves, congenital anomalies, tumors and diseases of the diaphragm.
Cardiac Surgeon Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Cardiac Surgeon
Pay by Experience Level for Cardiac Surgeon
An early career Cardiac Surgeon with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$202,261 based on 23 salaries. A mid-career Cardiac Surgeon with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$245,659 based on 10 salaries. An experienced Cardiac Surgeon with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$238,944 based on 13 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of C$300,000.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 56 survey responses.