The average salary for a Mid-Career Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Canada is C$88,000.
Is Clinical Laboratory Scientist your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
C$73k - C$157k
C$75k - C$157k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Clinical laboratory scientists generally work for hospitals and independent medical laboratories. Candidates for this position are generally required to have a bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, laboratory science, or a related field, as well as necessary certifications as required by employers. These scientists are responsible for both routine and complex clinical laboratory procedures, and they must always follow their employers' guidelines, policies, and procedures. They must practice …Read more
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Tasks
- Conduct research to develop methodologies, instrumentation and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings.
- Prepare and analyze organ, tissue and cell samples to identify toxicity, bacteria, or microorganisms, or to study cell structure.
- Plan and direct studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease.
- Investigate cause, progress, life cycle, or mode of transmission of diseases or parasites.
- Evaluate effects of drugs, gases, pesticides, parasites, and microorganisms at various levels.
Explore the most common career paths for Clinical Laboratory Scientist. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.