Avg. Base Hourly Rate (CAD)
The average hourly pay for a Commercial Diver is C$32.50
What Do Commercial Divers Do?
A commercial diver works below the surface of water to repair, inspect, remove and install structures or equipment. It is a underwater industrial construction position and may use a variety of power and hand tools such as torches, welding equipment and drills. Duties commonly performed by a commercial diver include carrying out tests for pipe leaks; inspecting, cleaning and repairing piping valves; and performing bridge inspection, repair and construction. They may also inspect ships, docks and …Read more
- Undertake dives and other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Report any medical problem or symptoms experienced during or after the dive.
- Know the routine and emergency procedures.
- Ensure full understanding of the dive plan and is competent to carry out the planned task.
- Ensure that personal diving equipment is working correctly and is suitable for the planned dive.