Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for a Customs Officer is C$44,500
What Do Customs Officers Do?
A customs officer is a specialized law enforcement official who is typically stationed in locations that people and cargo normally enter the country, such as airports, harbors and roads that cross national borders. Customs officer work to ensure that illegal cargo is not brought into the country, as well as detain and arrest individuals who may be involved in smuggling or are on watch or wanted lists.
In an airport or at a border crossing, a customs officer often works mostly with people …Read more
- Inspect paperwork, luggage, cargo and items to control border crossings and collect payments.
- Participate in criminal proceedings and prosecution.
- Confiscate items and goods, document findings and explain reasoning.
- Interview people to determine their right to enter or leave a country.
- Interact with the public to explain and enforce customs and laws.
FAQs About Customs Officers
What is the highest pay for Customs Officers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Customs Officer is CA$NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Customs Officers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Customs Officer is CA$NaN / year
How can Customs Officers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Customs Officer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Customs Officer that oversees more junior Customs Officers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.