Avg. Base Hourly Rate (CAD)
The average hourly pay for a Furniture Finisher is C$20.00
What Do Furniture Finishers Do?
Furniture finishers are tasked with evaluating, repairing, and maintaining wood furniture to keep it in optimal condition. These finishers typically inspect furniture to identify any damage and offer solutions for how to repair or restore the piece, and both prior experience with full and minor restoration and the ability to work on modern and antique furniture are necessary for this position.
Furniture finishers often replace parts for furniture, and some are made in-shop while others are …Read more
- Spray and wipe lacquer stains, sealer and top coats.
- Maintain finishing equipment.
- Perform quality checks according to quality standards.
- Repairs parts of furniture as needed.
- Prepare furniture for finishing by filling, sanding, smoothing, distressing furniture before applying finish.