The average salary for an Investment Banker in Canada is C$74,160.
Is Investment Banker your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
C$41k - C$103k
C$2k - C$73k
C$1k - C$9k
C$43k - C$126k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Investment Banker
When companies, organizations, or government entities need to raise capital, one of the best ways to do so is to turn to the services of an investment banker. Investment bankers are the highly skilled professionals at financial institutions who examine an entity's financial health, capital needs, and goals. Then they recommend a strategy to improve or manifest them. The investment banker then acts as a go-between for the organization looking to raise money and those looking to make financial inv…Read more
Investment Banker Tasks
- Assist companies, organizations, governments and their agencies in raising public or private money through debt and/or equity.
- Construct fully integrated, detailed financial models to support Merger and Acquisitions (M&A) transactions and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) communications.
- Perform valuation analyses using various methodologies such as trading and transaction comparisons (comps), discounted cash flow and leveraged buyout (LBOs).
- Conduct industry and company research to engage clients and develop new business.
- Participate and manage all stages of the transaction process from opening pitch to closing investment contract(s).
Investment Banker Job Listings
Popular Skills for Investment Banker
Pay by Experience Level for Investment Banker
An entry-level Investment Banker with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$50,639 based on 7 salaries. An early career Investment Banker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$74,160 based on 28 salaries. A mid-career Investment Banker with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$80,000 based on 8 salaries. An experienced Investment Banker with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$90,000 based on 9 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of C$100,000.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 56 survey responses.