Meat Wrapper Salary (Canada)
The average wage for a Meat Wrapper is C$15.00 per hour.
|Hourly Rate||C$10.19 - C$22.63|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|C$21,506 - C$46,822|
Job Description for Meat Wrapper
Meat wrappers work primarily in delis and use grinders, saws, and other machines to cut, process, and wrap meats manually or in an automated fashion. Meats must then be stocked and placed in the appropriate coolers or freezers and weighed for pricing, and the meat stock must be rotated appropriately.Read More...
Meat wrappers may also have inventory duties to determine availability, which items must be reordered, and which items are most successful. Knowledge of the different meat cuts is necessary, as meat wrappers may work with poultry, lamb, pork, veal, and beef. When meat is delivered to the store or department, they are often tasked with unloading it from a truck and monitoring the cooling equipment to ensure that the correct settings are used, and any machinery malfunctions should be reported to management immediately.
Meat wrappers must keep their work areas clean at all times and follow all sanitation standards and regulations. This job can be physically demanding, so it's important to be in good physical health, and they often work directly with customers, so communication and customer service skills are highly beneficial. A high school diploma may be a minimum requirement for this position, and some employers also require experience while others offer on-the-job training. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Meat Wrapper Tasks
- Cut, grind, weigh, price, wrap, and package meat for customers.
- Drive, load, and unload pallet jacks or other equipment in the storage area, refrigerated area, and loading areas.
- Stock and rotate products in all displays, and ensure that none are past the sell-by date.
- Answer questions about products, the source of products, cooking, and preparation of meat, and general store information.
- Meet or exceed company guidelines about hygiene, presentation and customer service at meat case and workstations.
Meat Wrapper Job Listings
Key Stats for Meat Wrapper
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 2 votes.