Avg. Base Hourly Rate (CAD)
The average hourly pay for a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurse is C$45.64
What Do Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurses Do?
A neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) registered nurse specializes in the care of newborn babies that are premature or have an illness/other issues that require intensive care. They are part of the team of providers caring for the infant and must work with doctors, certified nurses assistants, and other nurses within the NICU. These nurses are trained to work with three classes of neonatal care; class III is the most severe and usually comprises the newborns in the neonatal intensive care …Read more
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for assigned patients in the NICU and Newborn Nursery.
- Performs nursing care of Level II/III NICU patients and Newborn Nursery patients.
- Perform neonatal assessment of Level II/III NICU patients and Newborn Nursery patients.
- Meet the standards of Practice for a Level II and Level III NICU and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participate in development and implementation of policies and procedures for the NICU that guide and support the provision of services.