Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for a Neurosurgeon is C$101,736
What Do Neurosurgeons Do?
Neurosurgeons are specialized surgeons who focus on the brain, spine, and nervous system, and correcting neurological problems through surgery. These can include back surgeries, removing brain tumors, and other specialized neurological procedures.
Neurosurgeons work in a variety of practice settings; some practice general neurosurgery, while others limit their practice to specific sub-specialties, such as pediatrics, spine, vascular/endovascular, tumor, peripheral nerve, functional, and skull …Read more
- Interview patients, evaluate test results, and diagnose conditions or the absence of conditions.
- Teach medical students and supervise residents.
- Document and track all treatments, diagnoses, medications, and other health data.
- Discuss outcomes and potential courses of action with patients, and assist them in the decision-making process.
- Perform surgical procedures, both exploratory and for treatment.
FAQs About Neurosurgeons
What is the highest pay for Neurosurgeons in Hamilton?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Neurosurgeon in Hamilton is CA$NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Neurosurgeons in Hamilton?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Neurosurgeon in Hamilton is CA$NaN / year
How can Neurosurgeons increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Neurosurgeon is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Neurosurgeon that oversees more junior Neurosurgeons, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.