Avg. Base Hourly Rate (CAD)
The average hourly pay for a Nuclear Power Reactor Operator is C$68.25
What Do Nuclear Power Reactor Operators Do?
A nuclear power reactor operator is responsible for ensuring the safe generation of consumer-usable energy from a nuclear plant. The operator's job typically involves monitoring various systems and making adjustments as needed to keep them within optimal ranges, and they must also be able to perform routine operations to safely shut systems down for maintenance or refueling. They should also be fluent in the computer software used to handle each of these tasks.
The most important task of …Read more
- Monitor plant parameters to ensure safe operation of reactor and turbine systems.
- Instruct, plan, and direct the work of non-licensed operators.
- Perform equipment switching and tagging for clearance operations.
- Prepare clearances from drawings and prints.
- Maintain proper lubrication of equipment.